Monday, October 11, 2010

It's Been Awhile

I feel like I haven't posted in a long time! I hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend and got to have some fun! I spent a lot of my weekend doing homework for my doctoral courses with some pilates and yoga mixed in!

This week we are focusing on the word "like" and the letter S.
Micah and Natalie are the Stars of the Week!

Today I introduced the "like" song and it goes to the tune of what I like to call "the Barney Song". 
Is Barney even still on TV?

I like you, you like me
I spell like l-i-k-e
with a great big hug (hug yourself)
and kiss from you to me (blow a kiss)
I spell like l-i-k-e

I like you, you like me
I spell like l-i-k-e
with a great big hug (hug yourself)
and kiss from you to me (blow a kiss)
I spell like l-i-k-e

We also did our letter looking to find all of the Ss's in today's poem.

***

Random Notes
Thanks to everyone who returned the personal alphabet activity. It was so much fun to read through each child's alphabet to find out all kinds of things about them. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that little project.

I will send home notes on Friday to remind you when your conference appointment is. Almost everyone has signed up and I look forward to spending some time with each family and talking Kindergarten! Conferences should last about 20 minutes and we will discuss how your child is doing so far along with any questions/concerns/feedback that you have. 

I just went through all of the field trip permission forms and it is wonderful that so many parents have volunteered to come along! It is going to be a fun day and I am hoping we get good weather!

Both classes have had their first visit to the library to check out a book. We will go to the library every sixth day on our specials rotation and each time children can check out one book provided that the one they checked out previously has been returned. Since Mrs. Rodriguez no longer has an assistant due to budget cuts, we will need to have our books returned the day before we go to library to ensure that she has enough time to check them all back in before our class session. I will start adding reminders on the monthly calendar so that you know what day the book needs to come back to school.


No comments:

Post a Comment