Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween

A BIG thank you to Brandi Coffman-Luckcuck and Heather Bakker for taking the lead in organizing and planning our classroom Halloween parties and to all of the other parents that provided treats and came to help out. Both parties were great and the kids had tons of fun. Several kids remarked that it was the best party ever or that they didn't want to go home because it was such a fun day. I cannot express how lucky I feel to have such fantastic parent helpers!

The morning class decorated goody bags for their treats, colored Halloween pictures, played pin the tail on the black cat, did a ghost toss, and did pumpkin bowling. We also paraded over to the Durham Center where the kids got candy and treats from the students and teachers.

The afternoon class decorated Halloween sugar cookies, played musical chairs, and wrapped each other up like mummies with toilet paper. Since the Durham Center was closed, we paraded through the school and visited some of the upper grade classrooms.

Since lots of photographs were taken,  I made a Shutterfly account so that any parent who took photos can log on and upload them. [ www.shutterfly.com ] That way, parents can view all of the photos and purchase ones they like. You can log in with my email: ktoppel@ttsd.k12.or.us and the password: 2010kinder. I have not yet uploaded my photos because I think I left my camera in the classroom, so check back next week. If you have some photos to share, please upload them. It would be helpful if you can include either AM or PM when you name the album!

I was out two days this week, so I didn't get a lot of posting in, but I promise to be better next week! Just an fyi, I am participating on two different teams that are part of the district's Courageous Conversations about Race training that meet once a month. I was out on Tuesday with the PASS team which stands for Partnerships for the Academic Success of Students. It is really hard to be away from the classroom, but the work we are doing is very important so I appreciate getting excellent reports from the sub and knowing that the kiddos are secure enough in their routines that they do just fine without me. I did get a lot of hugs upon returning though! I am sending home a November calendar on Monday and I marked down the dates that I will be out just so you are aware.

Next week we are focusing on the letter T and the sight word see!

No comments:

Post a Comment