Wednesday, May 25, 2011

BOB on the iPad!

I have recently been playing around with finding some iPad apps for kids and I came across a few that I really like. These are more on the basic side (better for beginning Kinder), but there are tons out there, so surely there are more that could be more geared towards students at the end of Kindergarten or even (gasp!)--FIRST graders!

I am in denial that my kiddos are only with me for 14 more school days....

I recently got an iphone, so I am having fun using the video function.
Yes, recording my iPad with my iPhone makes me a bit of a technology freak :0)


It's a whole new generation of BOB!
I love how kiddos can hear the sounds and hear them blended into words!

app name: BB Magic Lite-FREE
(I don't recommend the lite version because there isn't much to it, but there are other more comprehensive versions for sale with different levels of books)



This game is great for vocabulary building and phoneme segmentation.

app name: Word Magic


app name: ABC Tracer

There is a free "lite" version, but it didn't include the whole alphabet, so I paid for the real one, but it was on sale. 

I also downloaded:
PBS Kids
Sight Words Lite (this version doesn't have the complete list that the full version does)
ABC Phonics
KidsMathFun
Kindergarten
Count Magic
Math Series (fill in the missing number game)

I haven't played with all of them yet, but so far the ones I have played or used with kids have worked well!

No comments:

Post a Comment