Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Letter Looking

This week, the students were introduced to "letter looking" as we began our letter of the week activities. We read this poem which includes several words that begin with the  /m/ sound and talked about which words started with our letter of the week. Then each child used a highlighter to highlight all of the letter m's they could find. We talked about how we could find both uppercase and lowercase m's on the page.

 
Today we also enjoyed some yummy snacks that start with the letter m. 
The PM class had some mini muffins and chocolate milk that Megan brought in.

The AM class had some Mint Milano cookies that Evan brought in.




Thank you to both Star of the Week families for providing our "m" snacks!
I would also like to thank all of the wonderful parent helpers that have both signed up and stopped in to help. I will be sending home an October Volunteer calendar on Friday. Based on the volunteer sign up sheet that some of you filled out during our Kindergarten Meet and Greet, I have scheduled some volunteers based on days that you indicated worked for you. If your name is not on the list that doesn't mean you are not welcome to volunteer. If your name is down and you can't make it on that particular day no worries. I thought it would be helpful as a way to give you an indication of when your help is needed and what days are open for volunteers. I always appreciate help and the more hands the better so please feel free to come whenever you can!

I will be out of the classroom on Thursday as I will be attending a training, but I will be back on Friday. My substitute will be Ms. Jill Solheim who I worked with in Germany at the international school. Prior to working in Germany for 2 years, Jill worked in Lake Oswego as an elementary teacher for 14 years. She is wonderful and I know the kiddos will be in good hands while I am out!

No comments:

Post a Comment