Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SIght Word Song and Teddy Bears!

This week the sight word we are focusing on is "play." Today we learned the song of the week and it goes like this...

p-l-a-y play, p-l-a-y play
Let's all play now
Let's all play now
p-l-a-y play, hey!



I sent out an email earlier about our Teddy Bear project. Each child gets the opportunity to sew their very own Teddy Bear, which will be really fun and exciting!! In order to complete this six week project, I will need lots of parent volunteer time. If you are interested and available to help, please let me know asap! I need to ensure I will have enough help before I get the supplies and tell the kids about it. No sewing experience is required, I simply need adults to help the children 1:1 or in small groups during each stage of the project. Giving even 30 minutes of your time will really help us out and I know the kids will have so much fun making a fuzzy friend! Shoot me an email, sent me a note, or give me a call if you can help out! Thanks so much!

I will be out on Wednesday for the monthly PASS training, but I will be popping into the morning class to do some assessing prior to the start of the training. It looks like we might be having some nasty weather, so I want to let you know that in the event we have a 2 hour delay there is no AM Kindergarten. It's a great idea to sign up for flashalert emails/texts through the district website so you are notified when there are delays or cancellations due to weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment