Monday, January 31, 2011

Off To a Good Start

Bears
Thanks to Nikole Emerson and Ron Sapp for helping us get off to a great start with our Teddy Bear projects. Students began sewing eyes and hearts on their bears today and will continue with this first step all week. Since we are just starting out and parent helpers are working one on one with children, parents were able to work with about 4-6 kids today. All the children were really excited and anticipating their turn to work on their bears!

Art Literacy
Our Art Literacy has been moved to Thursday of this week, so we will have fun learning about a new artist and making some cool projects!

Vmath
We had some fun after school today with the families who came to learn about Vmath. A few kiddos tried it out for the first time and they loved it! The great thing about Vmath is that kids get to work at their own pace and their own level which means it's great for everyone! Children who need additional practice can repeat activities and practice what we have been working on in the classroom and children who are ready for more of a challenge can try some harder activities.

I highly recommend that you give it a try! www.vmathlive.com
Click on Sign in and then enter your child's log on information.**


**Tamie Lamb went ahead and changed log in names so they are less complicated for Kinder students. I am going to send home another instruction sheet on Thursday that includes your child's new log in name and password. If you want this info prior to Thursday, please email me or give me a call and I am happy to share it. The log in name (for most) will be 23 followed by the child's first name. The password is the child's 6 digit school ID number which is the same as it was when the first info sheet went home. Tamie is able to view which children had already logged on prior to today, so she chose not to change the log in names of those children to prevent confusion, however if your child has already been playing Vmath games and you would like to have a simpler log on name, please let me know and Tamie can easily change it.  If you want your child's info prior to Thursday, please email me or give me a call.

I hope to use my projector and laptop to show the kids some of the games that are available to get them excited about the site. It really is terrific and I have heard stories about kids making HUGE gains in math because they love playing which results in lots of math practice. Please try it out and let me know what you think!

Reading
I made a mistake this weekend when I wrote down our sight word for this week. We are actually focusing on the word "for" not the word "are." Tomorrow we will make our die cut words and learn our new song!

No comments:

Post a Comment