Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Updates and Art Literacy

I hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend and some quality time with friends and family. I didn't have to cook Thanksgiving dinner this year, so it was a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday. I spent the rest of the weekend working on papers for my classes with a little Black Friday shopping thrown in for some reprieve. I am also training for a half marathon with some friends of mine, so we did a long run on Sunday which, on top of a very tough boot camp class on Saturday, left me quite sore and ready for a nap! This week marks the end of my Fall term with PSU which makes me a very happy camper because it will be nice to have a month without homework! I am really looking forward to reading some books for pleasure that don't involve research! 

Back to Kindergarten....

This week in PE, Mr. Gaffney introduced the big parachute, which was a lot of fun.  One of the kids asked if it was a blow up bouncy house when he brought it in...wouldn't that be fun!


We also were lucky to have Gracie's mom, Katie Webb, come in for Art Literacy this afternoon. She showed the class how to make an impressionist painting and the PM class had a lot of fun. The morning class will have the same lesson next week. Katie has generously agreed to teach these special art lessons to both of my classes, which represents a big time commitment, so we are very happy to have her. It's not everyday that we get to break out the paints, so it's always a fun time when Miss Katie comes!












I can't believe that we are just three weeks away from our Winter break. I still have not received my second order of tote bags for the Literacy Bags, but I am hopeful they will arrive this week. On Friday I am going to send home the permission slip for participation in the Literacy Bag rotation and I will probably try to get some help from families to decorate the bags next week so Friday the 10th can be the big debut day! I have been introducing some of the games and activities in class during choice time and showing some of the bags and stories. I can tell the kiddos are really excited to start taking them home! 


No comments:

Post a Comment