Monday, September 19, 2011

Sight Word Songs

I forgot to mention about our sight words songs, so I wanted to add to the info in the post below. Each week, we will focus on one sight word and starting next week, we will add a letter of the week as well. I have some great Cd's from Heidi's Songs with cute songs to go along with almost all of our sight words. Each week, we will learn a new song and sing it throughout the week. When the kiddos get more advanced in their writing, these songs are wonderful in helping them remember how to spell very common and important sight words.

Last week, "I" was our word. The lyrics to the I song are:

I, I, I, I
I is a word with one letter.

Short and sweet.

This week our word of the week is "can." The lyrics to our song this week are:

I can spell can. I can spell can.
c-a-n, c-a-n
I can write the letters, always getting better.
c-a-n, c-a-n.

The lyrics repeat twice. Each time we spell out the world we do a motion like clapping, stomping our feet, or tapping our heads. So far the children have loved singing along and experimenting with different voices as we sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment