Thursday, October 20, 2011

Books We are LOVING

This week we have had a few story times that were wildly popular. Yesterday we read Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes and it was a huge hit. I got the book from the October Scholastic Book Club and it came with a CD that plays the story. The author Mr. Eric reads the story and there are children who chime in and sing along with Pete's fun little song. We were singing along too and we couldn't read it just once! If you hear your child singing...."I love my [insert color here] shoes" the tune they are singing is from this book.


If you want your own copy you can get it here at Amazon or you can still order it online through Scholastic for the version that comes with the CD (for only $7.00). Just click the link in the paragraph about Scholastic Book Clubs to the right and it will take you to the page where you can sign in. We get a free book for our classroom for every online order and I will go in and change the due date for the October order so anyone who wants to place an order now still can. Pete the Cat is number 49 in the See Saw October flier.

In the PM class today we also read Press Here, which was even more of a hit than Pete the Cat. I borrowed this book from Mrs. Kolb across the hall and will make sure to read it with the AM class as well.



I wish I had a video of the kids' reactions to reading this book. It's not even a story, but pages with directions like push the yellow dot or tap the yellow dot five times. Then when you turn the page the dot turns a different color or multiplies. They were amazed and having so much fun seeing all the pages. It was magical. You can purchase Press Here here on Amazon.

Ask your child about these books...I am sure he/she will have a LOT to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment